Aussie Seafood Platter Recipe (with Wine Pairings)
- 1 x 2 kg cooked Australian Rock Lobster, halved & cut into bite size pieces
- 8 cooked Australian Tiger Prawns
- 8 cooked Australian King Prawns
- rock salt to serve (optional)
- 400 g sliced Tasmanian Atlantic Smoked Salmon
- Sourdough bread, lightly toasted to serve
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- Fresh lime to serve
- Just before serving, line your platter with rock salt, this will help ensure your seafood stays put, then we recommend putting on the lobster as it will take up the most space. Next up, arrange the prawns, oysters and scallops, ensuring you don’t leave any gaps.
- Next, place the smoked salmon on a board with some warm sourdough, crème fraiche and lime wedge, grab your sauces from the fridge and serve. (See recipes below for sauces and sides)
Green Chilli and Lime Mayo
- 2 long green chillies, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- To make the green chilli and lime mayo: add all the ingredients into a small food processor, blitz until combined, and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
Pair it with Wine
Pierre D’Amour Rosé
Temptingly refreshing and dry style Rosé. The palate bursts with alluring flavours of fresh red berries, classic savoury notes and a refreshing finish. Each bottle of Pierre D’Amour Rosé is styled with a healing stone; rose quartz crystal – which represents ‘the stone of love’ and promotes emotional healing, love, clarity and calmness.
Crisp, vibrant and an easy-drinking style. The palate bursts with alluring flavours of fresh red berries, classic savoury notes, and a refreshing finish… very chic!
St Amand Riesling
St Amand delivers premium wines that reflect the unique regional character of the areas in which the fruit is grown.
The estate grown Riesling is a classic example of this wine style. Light yellow and green hues with lifted aromatics of jasmine, citrus and a hint of fresh red apple. Fresh lime acidity completes a long and persistent finish.
Zesty, floral notes from the nose fill out in the mouth in a real explosion of primary fruit and the natural acidity is restrained providing tongue tingling freshness.
Yves Premium Cuvée
Yves premium Cuvée encompasses all the pristine qualities of the cool climate Yarra Valley region.
A truly exceptional expression of chardonnay – Pale yellow with fine bubbles and persistent mousse. Delicate and floral, with a creamy mid-palate and a lingering, zippy finish. Apple aromas with hints of nut and toast. Primary fruit flavours of pears and apples and hint of nectarine. A gentle creamy texture, soft acidity and a long finish.
Perfect with seafood – particularly oysters and mussels.