The Perfect Pepper Steak Recipe (with Wine Pairings)
- 2 x 150g scotch fillet steak, approx. 1.5cm thick
- 2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 2 servings of Fresh Baby Potatoes
- 2 servings of Fresh Broccoli
- 2 servings of Fresh Carrots
- 2 servings of Fresh Peas
- Bring the steak to room temperature. Brush with a little oil. Sprinkle the crushed peppercorns on both sides of the steak, gently pressing the peppercorns onto the surface of the meat so they stick.
- Heat a heavy based pan or BBQ to medium high. Place steak into the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked to your liking. Do not turn the steak more than twice.
- Serve with Fresh Baby Potatoes, broccoli, carrots and peas.
Pair it with Wine
De Bortoli Woodfired Shiraz
Authentically Heathcote and perfectly crafted to accompany a chargrilled ribeye. Bold, brooding and delicious. Deep red with purple Hues. Concentrated red and blue fruits, fennel and olive spice and dark chocolate. Rich, plush, structural, cured meats, wild spice, authentically Heathcote. Lovely drinking now. Will be delicious in 3-5 years in a good cellar.
Kings of Prohibition Shiraz
Under the cover of darkness premium grapes from around Australia meet, delivering dark cherries and plum aromas, integrate with classy oak and a hint of oak spice. The palate is bold and rich, with structured tannin balanced across with characters of chocolate and dark cherries providing a luscious finish.
Jacobs Creek Double Barrel Shiraz
The generous ripe fruit flavours and spicy complexity are enhanced by the careful use of aged Scotch whisky barrels for finishing. A wine to savour.
Deep crimson colour with purple highlights and aromas of Blackberry, waffle cone and savoury notes of pecan nut, with cedar and vanilla bean. Ripe plum with attractive dark fruits complemented by clove and spice and charry oak notes.