Pulled Pork Salad – Summer Salads
A quick and easy salad using leftover pulled pork with tons of flavour and a BBQ sauce dressing!
Ingredients (Serves 6)
For the Barbecue Vinaigrette
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
Pickled Red Onion (optional)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ of a red onion thinly sliced
For the Salad
- 5 cups shredded Cos lettuce
- 2 ½ cups store-bought shredded cabbage
- 3 cups leftover pulled pork
- 4 Kosher dill pickles sliced thin
- ½ cup French fried onions
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- For the sauce, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, water, sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Slowly, drizzle in the canola oil, whisking all the while. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If you are using pickled red onions, in a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar and sugar. Add the sliced onions, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Alternatively, use plain, thinly sliced red onions.
- For the salad, combine lettuce and shredded cabbage and toss. Top with pulled pork, pickle slices, French fried onions, onion slices and shredded cheese (if using). Drizzle with desired amount of sauce, serve and enjoy.