Recipe for Beef and Vegetable Tagine (with Wine Pairings)
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g Gravy beef, excess fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan Seasoning
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 500g Kent Pumpkin, unpeeled, seeded, cut into 4cm pieces
- 200g Celeriac, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 Carrots, halved crossways, thickly sliced
- 1 small Swede, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 Zucchini, cut into 6cm-thick slices diagonally
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel beef stock
- 400g can Cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Chopped fresh Continental Parsley, to serve
Combine beef and Moroccan seasoning in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
Place the tomato in a 3L capacity flameproof tagine. Top with the beef, pumpkin, celeriac, carrot, swede and zucchini. Add the stock. Cover and cook over low heat for 1 hour 45 minutes or until the beef is very tender.
Stir in the beans. Cover. Set aside for 10 minutes or until beans are heated through. Top with parsley.
Ara Single Estate Sauvignon Blanc
Ara is Māori for pathway, it captures the journey connecting us with our Marlborough home. Since 1999 we’ve worked in harmony with the environment making pure wines which reflect and amplify Marlborough’s remarkable nature.
Ara Singe Estate reflects our sourcing – all the fruit is from Marlborough vineyards we own and manage. Ara Single Estate wines showcase the vintage creating wines of terroir which reflect pure Marlborough.
Mumm Cordon Rouge
Mumm Cordon Rouge provides a distinctive aperitif with confident freshness. When combining with food, its aromatic richness perfectly complements white meat and fish such as monkfish or red mullet, taking the experience to new heights. The crisp elegant structure of the champagne also complements the creamy flavours of foie gras, making an exhilarating contrast.
Oyster Bay Pinot Noir
Oyster Bay Marlborough Pinot Noir is elegant, cool climate Pinot Noir at its best. Fragrant, soft and flavourful, with aromas of ripe cherries and sweet fruit tannins that provide structure and length. Each vineyard block is harvested as a separate parcel and treated individually at each stage of the winemaking process. This enables us to influence and enhance the wine using traditional winemaking techniques, adding subtlety and complexity. A perfect match for Peking Duck or Roast Pork.